4/28/09

Procrastination

Hey all you procrastinators! (this is a shoutout, I believe)

Yes, I am a procrastinor. Yes, I know it's terrible. Yes, my New Year's Resolution (along with others) for the past three years has been to stop procrastinating. Yes, every new school year I say to myself that I will stop procrastinating. Yes, my years of attempts have been futile.

On the positive side, I know I'm not alone. In fact, this year, although my procrastination has gotten worse, I see my peers who are far worse than I am. It may not be the best thing to do, but I feel less pressure knowing that although I'm behind, there's someone behind me.

So why do people procrastinate? (Feel free to comment on this)
I know why I procrastinate.... it's LAZINESS, and my lack of willpower.
When I'm in class and I get a new assignment, my brain starts whirring ahead to the rest of my day, carefully planning it so that I won't be awake at 3 AM trying to finish up my homework. While going home, my brain is still determined. Then I step into the house, and the first thing (sorta) that I see is that beautiful 5- inch screen, beckoning to me. Well, there goes my willpower to not stay up until 3 AM.

And it's gotten even worse since we got a DVR. Now, there doesn't have to be something on live TV; I just go to the recorded stuff and watch it. IT'S INSANE!

Anyways, now I have the laptop (which I'm using now) near the TV too, so it's double distraction! Admittedly, it's my fault for having a double magnet in this place, but in my defense: It was the weekend when I brought the laptop here...

So I am probably going to be a procrastinator for life. Whoopee! =/

It should be something I can control, but it's just so hard with the whole world wide web and DVR waiting to be explored.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* All you have to do is make an incentive, so you'll actually have a reason to work. For example, I tell myself that whenever I finish my bio homework, I'll eat some ice cream. (Haaa, I devoured a LOT of ice cream this year.) Then again, I don't watch TV... =D
    I'm bored. Go do your homework, and then maybe you can watch Star Trek with us! Woot!

    ReplyDelete